Finding and keeping a job
You’ve got work experience under your belt, now you are looking for your job.
Here are 6 things you should know:
- Don’t give up. Finding a job can be difficult for anyone. Always go back to your list of strengths and keep focussed.
- Be confident about your vision impairment. Explain what you have to the employer, they might not know that there are lots of different types of impairment.
- Tell employers about the Access to Work scheme. It will help with special equipment at work and travel costs to and from work.
- Tell the employer how they could benefit from hiring you. Explain how you would tackle a problem at work and how your vision impairment helps you problem solve in different ways from sighted people.
- Be realistic. Apply for jobs you feel confident you can do. Think about how you would get to the workplace if you got the job.
- Adapt your CV and covering letter every time you apply for a job.
If you live in London, RSBC can help you:
Through a combination of one-to-one mentoring and interactive group workshops, we help you build the skills you’ll need for job-hunting all the way through to employment.
Call 0203 198 0225 or email email@example.com
Published: October 2017