Getting support from professionals for your VI child: who does what
If you think your child has a sight problem you can get help from many different professional people.
You may want to find out:
- if your child has a visual impairment
- what condition they have
- what this means
- what treatment might help
- where you can get more advice and help
- how to support your child’s learning and development
- how your child will be supported in school
Each professional you see will specialise in a different aspect of your child’s care. You can get help with your child’s:
- mobility and independence
Because you know your child so well, you can help the professionals to understand your child’s needs. This will help them give your child the right care.
Published: October 2017