Getting support from professionals for your VI child: who does what
If you think your child has a sight problem you can get help from many different professional people.
You may want to find out:
- if your child has a visual impairment
- what condition they have
- what this means
- what treatment might help
- where you can get more advice and help
- how to support your child’s learning and development
- how your child will be supported in school
Each professional you see will specialise in a different aspect of your child’s care. You can get help with your child’s:
- mobility and independence
Because you know your child so well, you can help the professionals to understand your child’s needs. This will help them give your child the right care.