Think a vision impairment will stop you from getting a job? Think again! If you're aged 16-25 we can offer you one to one support to help you fulfil your ambitions.
Think vision impairment will stop you from getting a job? Think again!
Getting a foot on the career ladder as a vision impaired person can be daunting - but if you’re aged 16-25, we can help.
Come and meet our experienced employment experts who will work with you to develop a career pathway that works for you.
Our employment programme, offers bespoke career planning tailored especially to meet your needs; based on your aspirations and ambitions.
We have a wide range of options available that you can access throughout your time on the programme:
- 1:1 advice and guidance, providing tailored and holistic support from a highly experienced employment advisor who can help you through every step of your journey. This could include:
- Tailored CV writing guidance
- Identifying and contacting the right employers
- Networking and using social media to build your online profile
- Targeted job applications
- 1:1 Assistive technology tutoring
- Access to a mentor with experience in the industry you’re interested in
- High Flyers Graduate Support Network established for those seeking employment in professional roles
- Entrepreneurial skills and business development support. From refining your ideas, to the practical support you need to get your first business off the ground, our experts are on hand to help. Impress them enough with your business savvy idea and there’s even a chance to earn £500 seed money for your new business.
- Looking to earn while you learn? Sounds like an apprenticeship could be the perfect way to start your career. We can help you source your apprenticeship, support you through the application process, and continue to engage with you and your employer throughout the duration.
- Anxious about interviews and assessment centres? Does the thought of giving a presentation fill you with terror? Our presentation masterclasses will give you exclusive access to the kind of training that the professionals pay a small fortune for, and will equip you with the skills to perform confidently every time.
I feel more confident that I can get the job I want. The people here know how to help me do that.
Young professionals who’ve successfully completed the programme have gone on to employment, paid internships and apprenticeships in law, HR, childcare, customer service, youth and social work – even running their own fashion business.
If you’d like to find out more about how we can help you progress in your chosen career path register your details below and a member of the team will be in touch soon.