Connecting Parents Facebook group
Sometimes, it helps to talk to someone in the same position as you.
Our Connecting Parents Facebook group brings together parents and carers of visually impaired children and young people so that they have a safe space to share and support each other.
If you’re interested in joining this group, be sure to read our Facebook group policy and rules before joining the group below.
Connecting Parents Facebook group guidelines
These guidelines are intended to help the Facebook group to be safe and respectful spaces for you to share your experiences with other parents and carers. In the guidelines, we outline what we expect from group members and what members should expect from us as moderators.
We require you to simply confirm that you have read the guidelines above and will adhere to the rules of the groups, and also that you are a parent/carer of a visually impaired child or young person.
We aim to approve members within 48 hours but as the group is not monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. there may be a delay in approving your request. Please bear with us or contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have been waiting for more than 5 days.
The rules of the group are simple.
- Be supportive and treat others in the way you’d like to be treated.
- Respect each other’s privacy and keep conversations within the group.
To keep this space safe for everyone we ask that that you don’t post:
- Images or descriptions that might be upsetting
- Personal attacks or criticise each other
- Personal information i.e. addresses, phone number etc
- Anything racist, homophobic, sexist, transphobic or that discriminates against anyone with a disability
- Anything sexually explicit
For any questions related to the Facebook group please contact email@example.com