Teachers and education specialists

Many blind and partially sighted children go to mainstream schools. With the help of education professionals you can make sure your child gets the right support.

You may feel your child will be better supported at a more specialist school, particularly if your child has additional or complex needs.Whilst education professionals can provide information about the options available, this choice is one for you to make with your family.

Read below to see how different how different education specialists can help your child.

RSBC’s Family Support Service can help you with:

  • practical advice about your child’s development
  • support when you feel overwhelmed
  • understanding your child’s vision impairment better
  • living as a family and being supportive of each other

Call 0203 1980225 or email connections@rsbc.org.uk