Social and sports volunteers
Our social and sports volunteers provide essential support to enable vision impaired young people to take part in sporting and social activities across London. Through doing so they build their own peer social network, gain confidence, learn new skills and enhance their personal development. Some of the group members have additional needs such as learning and/or physical difficulties.
- Key tasks: providing 1:1 sight guiding, facilitating communication and social interaction between group members, and supporting the activity
- Commitment: flexible; we ask that each volunteers donate a minimum of 30 hours of their time over a timeframe that works for them! You will be able to book onto the activities that suits your availability
- Before you start: Interview, DBS check, 2 references, sighted-guide & general induction training (Saturday).
The Social programme
Enable social connections, outings and fun. Group members are aged between 11-17 or 18 – 25; with between 5 – 15 members in each group.
- Location: pan-London with regular meetings based in Ealing, Lewisham, Stratford, Hackney, and activities all over London!
- Availability: Saturdays & occasional evenings – (some weekdays during school holidays).
Health and Well-being
Participants are aged 11-25 and enjoy this opportunity to build confidence, learn new skills, meet new friends and try out a range of sports including football, handball, tennis, cricket…!
- Location: Brent, Crystal Palace, Whitechapel (Saturdays) and various locations across London (Holidays)
- Availability: Saturdays & weekdays during school holidays.
To find out more about volunteering at our social and sports groups, email our team at email@example.com, call 020 3198 0225 or fill out the form below.