Terms and Conditions
These are the terms and conditions of use for www.rsbc.org.uk (Site). Please read these terms and conditions carefully before you start to use the Site. By using the Site, you indicate that you accept these terms and conditions and that you agree to be bound by them.
If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please refrain from using the Site. We may require you to stop using the Site at any time by giving you notice. Personal data submitted via the Site is subject to our Privacy and Cookies Policy.
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time by changing them on the Site and by continuing to use the Site you accept these changes and agree to be bound by them. These terms and conditions were last updated on 28 th October 2020.
Information about us
The Site is operated by RSBC (Royal Society for Blind Children) (we, us and our). We are a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales. Our registered company number is 139928. We are a registered charity under number 307892. Our registered office is at Orpington Campus, The Walnuts, High Street, Orpington BR6 0TE
Access to the Site
It is your responsibility to ensure your computer system meets all the necessary technical specifications to enable you to access and use the Site and that it is compatible with the Site. It is also your responsibility to ensure that all persons who access the Site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
We cannot guarantee the uninterrupted or error-free operability of the Site. Access to the Site is permitted on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw, modify or suspend the service we provide on the Site without notice. We will not be liable to you or any third party for any unavailability, modification, suspension or withdrawal of the Site, or any features, parts or content of the Site at any time for any period.
We may, from time to time, restrict access to certain features, parts or content of the Site, or the entire Site, to users who have registered with us. We may accept or reject any application to register with us at any time and we may suspend or terminate your account with us at any time at our discretion if we believe you have breached the terms and conditions. You must ensure that any registration details you provide are accurate and up to date. If you choose, or you are provided with, a log- on ID (such as a username and password or other identifier) as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential and must not reveal it to anyone else. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your log-on ID and must notify us immediately of any unauthorised use or other security breach of which you become aware. By using the Site as a registered member, you accept on your own behalf and on behalf of the organisation (if any) named on your registration form to be bound by these terms and conditions and references to ‘you’ and ‘your’ refer to you individually and to your organisation. We reserve the right to disable any log-on ID, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these terms and conditions or if any detail you provide for the purposes of registering as a user proves to be false. You are only permitted to use the Site if you are 13 years of age or over. If you are under 13 years of age you may only use the Site with your parents’ supervision.
This site is controlled and operated by us from the United Kingdom and is intended for United Kingdom residents and we make no representation that any material contained on this site is appropriate for any other jurisdiction.
What you are allowed to do
You may only use the Site for non-commercial use and only in accordance with these terms and conditions. You may retrieve and display content from the Site on a computer screen, print and copy individual pages and, subject to the next section, store such pages in electronic form.
What you are not allowed to do
Except to the extent expressly set out in these terms and conditions, you are not allowed to:
• store pages of the Site on a server or other storage device connected to a network or create an electronic database by (i) systematically downloading and storing all or any of the pages of the Site or (ii) by screen scraping, framing, caching, data extraction or programmatic access whether by robot, spider or otherwise or (iii) by printing pages of the Site in a systematic or regular manner so as to create a database in hard copy form;
•collect or harvest personally identifiable information from the Site;
• remove or change any legal notices or other content of the Site or attempt to circumvent security or interfere with the proper working of the site or the servers on which it is hosted;
• use the Site to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
• use the Site to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
• attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site, the server on which the Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site or circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with our security-related features;
• reproduce, copy, distribute, publicly display or re-sell any part of the Site in contravention of these terms and conditions;
• create links to the Site from any other website, without our prior written consent;
• modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the Site or parts of the Site or create derivative works from the Site;
• use the Site for any business, commercial or public purpose.
If you wish to make any use of material on the Site other than that set out above, please address your request to email@example.com.
You must only use the Site and anything available from the Site for lawful purposes (complying with all applicable laws and regulations), in a responsible manner, and not in a way that might damage our name or reputation or that of any of our affiliates.
All rights granted to you under these terms and conditions will terminate immediately in the event that you are in breach of any of them and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made in breach of these terms.
Making a donation
The Site allows you to make a donation to us, either as a one-off donation or you can set up a regular payment to us.
Payment for all donations can be made by most major credit or debit cards on the donations page. You should be aware that online payment transactions may be subject to validation checks by your card issuer and we are not responsible if your card issuer declines to authorise payment of a donation for any reason. Please note, it is possible that your card issuer may charge you an online handling fee or processing fee. We are not responsible for this.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in any content of the Site (including text, graphics, software, photographs and other images, videos, sound, trade marks and logos).
Except as expressly set out here, nothing in these terms and conditions gives you any rights in respect of any intellectual property owned by us or our licensors and you acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights in the Site or its content.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any material you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. In the event you print off, copy or store pages from the Site (only as permitted by these terms and conditions), you must ensure that any copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property right notices contained in the original content are reproduced.
We may change the format and content of the Site from time to time. You agree that your use of the Site is on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis and at your sole risk.
Whilst we try to make sure that all information contained on the Site (other than any user-generated content) is correct, it is not intended to amount to authority or advice on which reliance should be placed. You should check with us or the relevant information source before acting on any such information.
Except to the extent expressly set out in the additional terms and conditions mentioned at the top of these terms and conditions, we make or give no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness, currency, correctness, reliability, integrity, quality, fitness for purpose or originality of any content of the Site and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, all implied warranties, conditions or other terms of any kind are hereby excluded. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we accept no liability for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of you or anyone else using the Site or relying on any of its content. No liability can be accepted by us in respect of any changes made to the content of the Site by unauthorised third parties.
We cannot and do not guarantee that any content of the Site will be free from viruses and/or other code that may have contaminating or destructive elements and cannot accept any liability for the same. It is your responsibility to implement appropriate IT security safeguards (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements as to the safety and reliability of content.
Your personal information
The Site may, from time to time, make chat rooms, message boards, news groups and/or other public forums (collectively “Forums”) available to its users. We do not control the material submitted to Forums (collectively “Postings”), nor are Forums actively moderated. You are solely responsible for the content of your Postings as submitted by you and acknowledge that all Postings express the views of their respective authors, and not our views.
Whenever you make use of a Forum, or make contact with other users of the Site, you must comply with the content standard as set out below. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
If you participate in any Forum, Postings must:
•be relevant to the purpose of the Forum and the nature of any topic;
•where they state facts, be accurate to the best of your knowledge,
information and belief; and
•comply with applicable law in the United Kingdom.
If you participate in any Forum, you must not:
- submit any Posting that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, libellous, pornographic, obscene, vulgar, indecent, offensive or which infringes on the intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party
- submit any Posting that contains any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware and/or other code that has contaminating or destructive elements; submit any Posting containing any form of advertising; impersonate, or misrepresent an affiliation with, any person or entity; be in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence or data protection obligations; submit any Posting that contains fraudulent information; submit any Posting that offers goods or services that competes with the Site; submit any Posting that contains any hyperlink to any page of an internet site that resides behind a ‘paywall’ or other login screen or any ‘deep link’ where ‘deeplinking’ (except to the site’s home page) is prohibited by the site operator;
- submit any Posting that would be likely to mislead or deceive any person; be menacing, threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause harassment, anxiety, alarm, upset, embarrassment, annoyance or inconvenience to any person; promote violence or aggression; promote discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; encourage, advocate, promote, solicit, invite or assist any illegal activity or unlawful act such as (by way of example only) intellectual property infringement or computer misuse;
- submit any Posting that is used to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- submit any Posting that gives the impression that it emanates from us, if this is not the case.
You acknowledge that you are responsible for ensuring that you have the right to submit all Postings you submit to or through the Site and that no such Postings breach the content standards set out above.
By submitting Postings:
you represent and warrant to us that you have the right to submit that Posting and that it does not breach the content standards set out above; and you agree that you grant us and our affiliates a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non exclusive, royalty-free and fully sub- licensable right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such Posting (in whole or part) and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology, and you waive any moral rights you may have in, or to be identified as the author, of such Posting.
Whilst we do not pre-screen Postings, we reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to delete, edit or modify any Posting submitted by you and/or to close any topic, at any time without notice to you.
Complaints about the content of any Posting must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and must contain details of the specific Posting giving rise to the complaint.
External links and banners
The Site may, from time to time, include links to external sites and banner advertising. We have included links to these sites to provide you with access to information and services that you may find useful or interesting but we do not accept responsibility for their content nor for their compliance with any laws and regulations. We have no control over the content of these sites or for anything provided by them and do not guarantee that they will be continuously available. We accept no responsibility for these sites or any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. The fact that we include links to such external sites does not imply any endorsement of or association with their operators.
The Site is intended to provide general information only and, as such, should not be considered as a substitute for advice covering specific information. You should seek appropriate advice before taking or refraining from taking any action in reliance on any information contained on the Site.
Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit or exclude our liability to you for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation or any other liability that may not, under English law, be limited or excluded.
Subject to this, in no event shall we be liable to you for any business losses. Any liability we do have for losses you suffer is strictly limited to losses that were a direct and reasonably foreseeable result of our default.
We exclude any liability arising out of any dealings you have with third parties that take place using or facilitated by our website unless specifically agreed elsewhere in our terms and conditions.
If any part of provision of these terms and conditions are found to be unenforceable, this shall not affect the validity of any other part or provision.
You may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions. We may assign these terms and conditions or any rights hereunder without your consent or notice.
These terms and conditions supersede any previous versions.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and you agree that any dispute between us regarding them or the Site will only be dealt with by the English courts. Nothing shall prevent us from bringing proceedings to protect our intellectual property rights before any competent court.
Please submit any questions you have about these terms and conditions or any problems concerning the Site by email to email@example.com, by telephone on 020 3198 0225 between the hours of 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday or write to us at RSBC, Orpington Campus, The Walnuts, High Street, Orpington BR6 0TE
Thank you for visiting our Site.